Software Engineering Manager
Each day you are in the office the lives of patients will be improved.
As the Software Engineering Manager for the Services Delivery Team, you will own the development, maintenance, and deployment of our custom healthcare administration applications. As the head of a team of 4 Software Engineers, you'll translate business requirements into user stories/technical requirements. Because you will understand our client's needs, you will prioritize the workflow/load of the engineers you lead, making sure the client's needs are met while also providing guidance to your team to ensure they have what they need to create clean, concise, and effective code. This role will report to the VP of Research & Development, with a dotted line to the VP of Product Experience. As you will be both externally (customer) and internally facing - strong communication & leadership skills are a must. In this role, you will:
- Prioritize the workload of engineers you lead
- Guide the professional development of your software engineers through coaching, mentoring, 1:1 sessions, and code reviews
- Gather and translate requirements from our clients, and draft user stories/ requirements accordingly
- Write clean, concise, and well documented code
- Deploy, upgrade, and monitor many applications
- Participate in daily scrum meetings
- Attend collaborative design sessions with technical teams across the business
- Contribute to each part of the software development life cycle
- Help design and implement functional requirements
- Manage testing and bug fixes
- Prepare technical documentation
- Implement software enhancements and suggest improvements
- Strong experience with Python. You know it well enough to successfully mentor other engineers.
- Professional experience in an enterprise codebase. You’ve been thrown into an unfamiliar codebase before, and can quickly find your way around, and push quality production code quickly.
- Experience as a technical team lead
Desired (but not required) Skills & Experiences
- Knowledge of healthcare administrative processes
- Knowledge of cloud naive technologies such as docker, kubernetes, gRPC
- Knowledge of Pytest and common python testing methodologies
- Competitive salary that correlates with your ability to contribute
- Generous vacation + sick time allotment
- 4 hours/ month paid community service time
- Equity incentive plan
- Medical, Dental, & Vision, GTL, STD, LTD Insurance with employer contribution
- 401k + Employer Match
- Fun office perks including snack bar, dog-friendly environment, recreation room, modern layout, and indoor/ outdoor transitional space
- Friday brown bag lunch & learns
ABOUT MYNDSHFTMyndshft’s software-as-a-service automates and simplifies time-consuming healthcare administrative tasks associated with prior authorization, eligibility and benefits verification, and patient financial responsibility, freeing providers and payers to concentrate more fully on patient care again. Myndshft was founded in 2015, and works with leading providers, payers, and health information exchanges.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
We value diversity and inclusion, and strive to build teams which include people from a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Diversity makes us tick, and we are better together. That said, we are an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
This job description is subject to change at any time. We are a startup, and we all wear many hats. As part of your employment, you may be asked to perform duties outside of this job description. Please see your immediate supervisor with any questions you may have.