Prior Authorization Specialist
This is not your typical prior authorization job. As our PA Specialist, you will leverage your verification and authorization expertise to update and maintain our business rules library, (a critical part of our software), with the most up to date coverage information. As this is a brand new team for Myndshft, you will have the opportunity to grow your career by joining a team at the ground level, shaping our approach to obtaining prior authorization requirements from insurance companies. This is a mission critical role, as we require your knowledge and expertise to ensure our products work as intended. In this role you will:
- Research, read, understand, and parse prior authorization rules and regulations for insurance companies
- Use an internal tool to populate unformatted insurance and authorization requirements into a common format
- Keep documentation updated when changes are made to prior auth requirements by insurance companies
- Interface with software development teams to suggest and QA functionality added to rules engine products and UI for data population
- Interface with customers or insurance companies to parse contractual rules and update them into a standard format in the Myndshft rules engine
- Experience obtaining prior authorization, and navigating insurance verification. You know exactly where to find this information, and how to interpret the requirements. You've likely been doing this for at least 3 years.
- Excellent research and comprehension skills when navigating authorization jargon.
- High level of comfort navigating unfamiliar technologies.
- Ability to work collaboratively, independently, and reliably.
- A self-starting mindset. You aren't waiting to be told what to do. You ask questions, determine what needs to be done, and do it until it's complete and correct.
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity. You can navigate pivots and changes, and welcome new responsibilities .
- Competitive salary that correlates with your ability to contribute
- Generous vacation + sick time allotment
- 4 hours/ month paid community service time
- Equity incentive plan
- Medical, Dental, & Vision, GTL, STD, LTD Insurance with employer contribution
- 401k + Employer Match
- Fun office perks including snack bar, dog-friendly environment, recreation room, modern layout, and indoor/ outdoor transitional space
- Continued learning in form of brown bag lunches, training sessions and intra-company events.
Myndshft’s software-as-a-service automates and simplifies time-consuming healthcare administrative tasks associated with prior authorization, eligibility and benefits verification, and patient financial responsibility, freeing providers and payers to concentrate more fully on patient care again. Myndshft was founded in 2015, and works with leading providers, payers, and health information exchanges.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We value diversity and inclusion, and strive to build teams which include people from a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Diversity makes us tick, and we are better together. That said, we are an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
This job description is subject to change at any time. We are a startup, and we all wear many hats. As part of your employment, you may be asked to perform duties outside of this job description. Please see your immediate supervisor with any questions you may have.