Technical Project Manager
As our Technical Project Manager, you will drive the implementation and ongoing delivery of our products and services to our clients - healthcare providers and payers. Working closely with Service Delivery Manager, Software Engineers, and Business Analysts, your job will be to coordinate people and processes to ensure our projects are delivered on time and produce the desired results. You will be the go-to person for everything involving a project’s organization, timeline, and execution. In this role, you will develop detailed project plans, ensuring resource availability and allocation and delivering every project on time within budget and scope. This is a rare opportunity to get in at the ground level with a rapidly growing company, meaning you will help shape how are PMO operates over time.
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress. Ensure all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques. Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Communicate, report, and escalate progress or issues to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client, stakeholders, and vendors
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Proven working experience as a project administrator in the information technology or healthcare sectors
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in software development or IT
- Masterful communication skills. You tactfully communicate to meet your audience, whether they are internal or external (e.g. our clients)
- Linear and strategic thinking. You can intuitively map out a process in sequence, while also connecting this process to the bigger picture
- The ability to pivot when needed, and adapt your plans/ processes accordingly
- Prioritization and grace under pressure. You will have many competing demands, requests, and agendas put upon you.
Desired (but not required) Skills & Experiences
- PMP or other Project Management certification
- Experience in the Health Information Technology Industry
- Experience navigating project implementations for large enterprise organization.
- Competitive salary that correlates with your ability to contribute
- Generous vacation + sick time allotment
- 4 hours/ month paid community service time
- Equity incentive plan
- Medical, Dental, & Vision, GTL, STD, LTD Insurance with employer contribution
- 401k + Employer Match
- Fun office perks including snack bar, dog-friendly environment, recreation room, modern layout, and indoor/ outdoor transitional space
- Friday brown bag lunch & learns
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We value diversity and inclusion, and strive to build teams which include people from a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Diversity makes us tick, and we are better together when our team is a reflection of the patient populations we serve.
That said, we are an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
This job description is subject to change at any time. We are a startup, and we all wear many hats. As part of your employment, you may be asked to perform duties outside of this job description. Please see your immediate supervisor with any questions you may have.